Halesworth Gig in the Park acts named
Emily DennisBig and upcoming names from the music world will take to the stage at a popular music festival this summer. Organisers of Halesworth's Gig in the Park, which is now in its 12th year, say they are delighted to have secured a big range of headline acts.Emily Dennis
Big and upcoming names from the music world will take to the stage at a popular music festival this summer.
Organisers of Halesworth's Gig in the Park, which is now in its 12th year, say they are delighted to have secured a big range of headline acts.
Glenn Tilbrook and The Fluffers are among the acts confirmed to play at the event in Halesworth Town Park from August 7-9.
Tilbrook is one half of the songwriting duo from Squeeze who had hits with Cool for Cats and Up the Junction. With his band The Fluffers he has just released a new album called Pandemonium Ensues.
You may also want to watch:
Eighties pop stars Chas & Dave are also set to appear, bringing a right old Cockney knees up to the festival. Famous for hits such as Rabbit and Gertcha, the pair has a loyal following and still attract new fans.
New act Gypsy Fire have also been confirmed. Combining the passion of European gypsy music with a modern edge, they signed a major record deal last summer and are tipped to be the next big thing.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 6 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 7 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 10 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
Inspiral Carpets singer Tom Hingley will also appear at the festival. Hingley has been in the business for 25 years and will be playing an acoustic solo show to the Halesworth crowds.
Friday is headlined by Frontbum, a five-piece rock band, and Sunday headliners Kingsize Five will round things off with their eclectic mix of swing, jazz, 50's rock and blues and punk. Other acts appearing include blues band Nine Below Zero and festival favourites Audioporn.
Andy Graham, a member of the organising committee, said that advance tickets will be on sale from June 29 and are being held at 2008 prices to help beat the credit crunch.
He said: 'We have got a fantastic line-up and we have ordered the sunshine. It's a community event and we want to encourage everyone to get involved.'
The gig is run by a small band of volunteers and any profits will be donated to local causes and used to fund Christmas lights in Halesworth this year.
All the latest information on the festival including ticket prices and confirmed acts over the three festival stages will appear online at www.giginthepark.co.uk