Free introductory talk about Buddhism in Attleborough
- Credit: Supplied
Everyone is welcome to attend a free introductory talk about a course in Buddhism and meditation to be held in Attleborough.
Resident teacher Kelsang Yankyi will give the talk at the Amoghasiddhi Kadampa Buddhist Centre and Oasis World Peace Café in Queens Square on Sunday, February 10, 9.30am-11.30am, followed by the first class from 12.15pm to 1.45pm.
She will talk about the Foundation Programme, which provides an opportunity for people to deepen their understanding and experience of Buddhism and meditation through a systematic study of six texts, starting with Joyful Path of Good Fortune by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
It is designed for people who wish to study Buddha's teachings in greater depth than is available in the centre's Simply Meditate classes.
Foundation Programme classes, which will include teachings, discussions, chanted prayers and guided meditations, will take place on Sundays, 9.30am-11.30am and 12.15pm-1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The fee is £35 per month, which also entitles students to free entry to all other classes, day courses, and empowerments at the centre.
For more information, contact education programme co-ordinator Trina Gunther by email at email@example.com or by calling 01953 451937.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk