Five all-you-can-eat restaurants in Norwich where you can celebrate International Eat What You Want Day
- Credit: Archant
If there was ever an excuse to visit one of Norwich's all-you-can-eat buffet style restaurants, International Eat What You Want Day would be it.
Created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of wellcat.com in order to help people let go of restrictive diet trends and enjoy life, the 'holiday' which falls on 11 May each year is the one day when everyone is encouraged to stop the calorie counting and start on the comfort food. Here are five places where you can do just that.
• House of Tiago, 22 Tombland
House of Tiago offers a traditional Brazilian Rodizio dining experience, whereby waiters bring skewers of various meats, including steak, gammon and chicken, round to each table several times throughout the meal for customers to sample. The meats are then accompanied by an all-you-can-eat cold buffet and complimentary fries. The restaurant also caters for those following a vegetarian or pescatarian diet, boasting a menu which contains tasty items such as grilled halloumi, flame grilled vegetables, king prawns and salmon.
• COSMO Authentic World Kitchen, 25 London Street
You may also want to watch:
Over 150 dishes are served in COSMO, with everything imaginable on offer from sushi to a full roast dinner - if you fancy it, there's a very good chance they've got it. The idea behind the restaurant is to allow customers to sample different flavours from all over the world, with dishes from places such as India, Italy, Asia, America, Greece and France. While you're bound to want to try everything and then some, make sure to leave room for dessert once the main event is over. Two words: chocolate fountain.
• Riverbank Chinese Buffet Restaurant, Riverside Leisure Park
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
If you're in the mood for Chinese food then this all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant might be the ideal place to visit on Eat What You Want Day as it offers all of your traditional take away favourites for a fixed price. Enjoy dishes such as sweet and sour chicken, Szechuan pork, won ton soup and much more. Starter and dessert options are also available.
• Rocco's Bar and Restaurant, Prince of Wales Road
Roccos opened in Norwich in 2005 and since then has been offering customers a daytime buffet from 12pm to 3pm Monday to Friday. With constantly changing dishes, there's always something new to try, but standard options include pizza, pasta and salad.
• Roti, 19 Finklegate
Celebrate Eat What You Want Day belatedly at Roti with their Indian Buffet which is served every Sunday from 12pm to 9.30pm and includes three starters, four main courses, two sides, 2 rice dishes and two naan breads. This family run business serves up a range of traditional Bangladeshi and Indian Cuisine and was recently nominated by Clive Lewis, Labour MP for Norwich South as the best South Asian restaurant in his constituency.
• What's your favourite all-you-can-eat restaurant in Norwich? Let us know in the comments below.