Famous fans express joy at Norwich City’s promotion on Twitter
There was some support right from football's top table on Twitter in the aftermath of Norwich City's momentous win at Portsmouth tonight.
England and Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand led the way, saying: 'Congrats to Norwich...Simeon Jackson is an example of if you put in the hard work and always believe you get your rewards.'
The famous City fans were out in force as well. Actor and board member at Carrow Road Stephen Fry said: 'Oh my Lordy I just don't know what to DO with myself... #NorwichCityFC in the Premiership. Let joy be unconfined.'
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb said: 'What an incredible achievement! Promotion two years running and back in Premier League!!'
City hero Darren Huckerby simply said: 'What a perfect end to a unbelievable season, proud of everybody associated with our great club, management and players outstanding.'
You may also want to watch:
BBC Late Kick-Off East presenter and popular former Canaries striker Dion Dublin said: 'Many many congratulations to Mr Lambert and his team on getting back in to the big time!! Fully deserved!!'
Former City winger Lee Croft, who was part of the team that was relegated to League One but now plays for Derby, tweeted: 'Congrats to my old club Norwich on promotion back to the Premier Leauge! Still got a lot of friends there! Buzzing for you all, you deserve it!'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
Croft's team-mate and media personality Robbie Savage added: 'Well done Norwich! Putting big spenders to shame in our league!!'
For much more on City's big promotion celebration on the south coast, make sure to pick up a copy of tomorrow's newspaper.