Famous fans express joy at Norwich City’s promotion on Twitter
There was some support right from football's top table on Twitter in the aftermath of Norwich City's momentous win at Portsmouth tonight.
England and Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand led the way, saying: 'Congrats to Norwich...Simeon Jackson is an example of if you put in the hard work and always believe you get your rewards.'
The famous City fans were out in force as well. Actor and board member at Carrow Road Stephen Fry said: 'Oh my Lordy I just don't know what to DO with myself... #NorwichCityFC in the Premiership. Let joy be unconfined.'
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb said: 'What an incredible achievement! Promotion two years running and back in Premier League!!'
City hero Darren Huckerby simply said: 'What a perfect end to a unbelievable season, proud of everybody associated with our great club, management and players outstanding.'
You may also want to watch:
BBC Late Kick-Off East presenter and popular former Canaries striker Dion Dublin said: 'Many many congratulations to Mr Lambert and his team on getting back in to the big time!! Fully deserved!!'
Former City winger Lee Croft, who was part of the team that was relegated to League One but now plays for Derby, tweeted: 'Congrats to my old club Norwich on promotion back to the Premier Leauge! Still got a lot of friends there! Buzzing for you all, you deserve it!'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
Croft's team-mate and media personality Robbie Savage added: 'Well done Norwich! Putting big spenders to shame in our league!!'
For much more on City's big promotion celebration on the south coast, make sure to pick up a copy of tomorrow's newspaper.