Family fun at nature day in Harleston
Nature photography, Raptor Trust display, willow sculpture, bug hunting, den building and bird ringing are just some of the attractions at a Family Nature Day on Saturday, May 5, 1pm-4pm.
Every year the event at Harleston Primary School, which shows how much fun it is to go green and enjoy the wonders of the natural world, gets better and better – and entry is free.
The theme of this – the fifth – nature day is 'In the Garden'.
Professional photographer Kevin Sawford will be on hand with hints and tips about nature and wildlife photography – bring your camera.
The natural world is the theme of a Children's Photography Competition now being run for youngsters aged 4-7 and 8-11 (email your photo to email@example.com or hand it in at school). The entries will be displayed at the nature day.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be information and activities on making a bird feeder, planting, making mini gardens, composting, pond dipping, candle rolling and much more.
Refreshments will be available.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
For further information, call Heather King or Emma Johnson on 01379 852561.