FA Cup draw: Dereham could face Trawlerboys as King’s Lynn handed tough away tie
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have the tantalising prospect of an FA Cup second qualifying round tie at Lowestoft Town, if they can overcome Needham Market in a replay on Tuesday evening.
The Magpies came close to pulling off an upset against the Suffolk side, who play in the Southern Premier Central, one level above them.
Robbie Linford's superb strike looked to have booked their safe passage but Luke Ingram's late equaliser means the two sides will do battle on Tuesday at Bloomfields for the right to face the Trawlerboys, who advanced thanks to a 2-0 win over Leighton Town.
King's Lynn Town have been handed a tough draw away at National League North compatriots Alfreton Town.
The two sides met earlier this month with the Linnets running out 3-2 winners at The Walks.
You may also want to watch:
The second round qualifying ties will take place over the weekend of September 20-22. Winning clubs will receive £6,750 from The FA prize fund while losing clubs will collect £2,250.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"