- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
First listed in 1864 with Charles Read as landlord and succeeded by his widow, Emma, in 1890 until 1903.
The pub was tied to Steward & Patteson for many years and was also, variously, a grocery shop, drayman's cottages and an off-licence. Dating from around 1900, on the forecourt of the pub there was a City Council pissoir used by the tram drivers. Philip Birchall has run the pub since 2004.
75 Mount Pleasant,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
Telephone: 01603 453048
Monday 12.00 – 23.00
Tuesday 12.00 – 23.00
Wednesday 12.00 – 23.00
Thursday 12.00 – 23.00
Friday 12.00 – 24.00
Saturday 12.00 – 24.00
Sunday 12.00 – 23.00