East Coast Run under way in Great Yarmouth as hundreds take part
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Hundreds of runners are getting ready pound through the town today, as the East Coast Run takes place.
The 10km road race, which has been organised by the Great Yarmouth Road Runners and Great Yarmouth Borough council, will runners of all abilities taking part.
More than 300 people registered to take part in advance, with more competitors entering on the day.
The race begins in St George's Park at 10.30am, and will complete a circuit which includes South Denes Road and South Beach Parade, before finishing at the same place as it begun.
Cllr Penny Carpenter, chair of the housing and neighbourhoods committee, said: 'The East Coast Run is thought to be the best entry-level course in the UK, because it is almost entirely pancake flat, and it has grown in stature in recent years, with many people entering on race day itself.
You may also want to watch:
'I wish good luck to everyone who has been training to take part in the run, and I must thank the volunteers from the Great Yarmouth Road Runners and the wider community who make this wonderful event possible.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre