Drivers warned Reepham Road will be shut for work on Norwich Northern Distributor Road
- Credit: Mike Page
Drivers have been reminded that work on the Norwich Northern Distributor Road means Reepham Road will be closed to all traffic, including cyclists and pedestrians, for five days from Monday.
The closure is to allow the new NDR roundabout to be surfaced and tied in with the existing road.
The work is due to be completed on Friday, November 18 and Norfolk County Council officers said the road will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
Work will be carried out between 7am to 7pm, but the council says it will not be possible to reopen the road overnight.
Traffic approaching the closure from the north will be diverted via Fir Covert Road, the A1067 Fakenham Road, Boundary Road (Norwich ring road), returning to Reepham Road at the Boundary junction. Traffic approaching the closure from the south will be diverted in the reverse direction.
You may also want to watch:
The barriers fully closing Reepham Road will be between Drewray Drive and Furze Lane, allowing access to Thorpe Marriott from the Norwich direction via Long Dale and Drewray Drive. Access to other premises on Reepham Road will be from one or other side of the closure.
Meanwhile, the work on the NDR, which will stretch from the A47 at Postwick to the east of the city to the A1067 Fakenham Road in the west means there will be temporary traffic lights in use at various points where work is taking place.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
They will be in place at: A1067 Fakenham Road (road sign installation).
B1149 Holt Road near the Drayton Lane/Church Street junction (utility service diversions).
B1150 North Walsham Road (BT diversions).
Norfolk County Council and Balfour Beatty said they apologised for the inconvenience caused by these and other traffic management measures during building of Norwich Northern Distributor Road.