Double delight for dealer principal
- Credit: supplied
The boss of a Suffolk car dealership said there's 'never been a better time' to be a Nissan dealer as he celebrates 15 years at the helm.
Piers Capleton, of Hammonds Nissan at Halesworth, said he had been blown away by the success of the car-marker in recent years.
The public's demand for Nissan vehicles has seen it become the fastest-growing brand in the UK market, overtaking Audi, Mercedes and BMW.
Mr Capleton, who started as a sales manager in 2000 but quickly worked his way up to be dealer principal at the Norwich Road dealership, said: 'We are an extremely successful dealership with a band of loyal customers and staff alike, built on trading on a respectable and reputable basis.
'The Nissan brand has enjoyed phenomenal success. In my opinion, there's never been a better time to be a Nissan dealer.'
You may also want to watch:
Nissan recently announced passenger car sales for the first six months of 2015 of more than 88,000 units, an increase of 15% compared to last year.
Mr Capleton also praised the family-run Hammond Group for its support over the years.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
'They believe in reputation – they believe in treating staff properly,' he said.
'Those who work for Hammonds know that, should there be any problems, the company is there to help them.'