Dereham Town are well beaten at Histon in Isthmian League North
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town crashed to a 4-1 defeat at Histon in Division One North of the Isthmian League on Tuesday night after turning in a below par performance.
After a scrappy opening Rhys Logan threaded a perfectly weighted pass through to Toby Hilliard who shot wide.
Histon had a chance in the 12th minute when keeper Elliot Pride saved Danny Gould's low drive and Buster Harradine fired the rebound off target. However the Stutes went in front from their next attack when Gould's centre from the right was turned in from close range by Ed Rolph.
Things went from bad to worse for the Magpies in the 23rd minute when a low cross came over towards Gould who was blocked by Matt Castellan as he looked to net from point blank range. A penalty was awarded, the Dereham defender was harshly dismissed and Max York confidently drilled home from the spot.
The visitors were finding it hard to keep possession but created a good chance in the 39th minute with Adam Hipperson finding Eoin McQuaid whose 20 yard drive was deflected for a corner.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies' plight got worse in the 55th minute when Dan Brown netted from inside the box after a cross from the right had fallen into his path.
Dereham reduced the deficit in the 62nd minute as Hilliard headed home Rhys Logan's cross and the visitors immediately won a penalty after Sam Roach fouled Hilliard. However the keeper redeemed himself by saving Hipperson's well struck kick.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
Dereham continued to press but Histon increased their lead in the 69th minute when Brown lobbed keeper Pride.
A good turn and centre by Ryan Crisp nearly let in Hilliard but Dereham could not add to their tally.
Dereham: E Pride, T Matthews (D Frary 60) O Murphy, D Hinton, S Wones, R Logan, E McQuaid (R Crisp 60), T Hilliard, R Hawkins, A Hipperson (J Imrie 75). Subs not used: R Linford, A Smith. Att: 134.
In the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division second placed Norwich United dropped points for only the third time this season when they held to a 1-1 draw by visitors Kirkley and Pakefield.
The Planters took the lead early in the second half only to be pegged back by a 75th minute own goal.