Dereham’s got talented guys and dolls
- Credit: Archant
A cast of 30 children aged between eight and 18 are getting ready to tread the boards for another musical extravaganza.
Members of Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company will be performing the brilliant Guys & Dolls next month and are promising it will be 'a show not to be missed'.
The cast have been working hard at rehearsals to produce a show that has memorable numbers for the audience to sing on their way home such as Bushel and a Peck and Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat.
The show tells the story of some tough/rough gamblers who want to raise 1,000 dollars to play an illegal casino game in Biltmore's garage. To raise the money Nathan Detroit places a bet with Sky Masterson saying he must take a woman of Nathan's choice to dinner in Havana, Cuba. And so the love story begins.
Nathan is being played by Jordan Quirke with Adelaide played by Natasha Scollay. Sky is played by Sam Kemp and Sarah by Rachael Bird.
You may also want to watch:
The show is directed by John McInnes with musical director Helen Curson.
Performances run every evening from Wednesday, April 9 to Saturday, April 12 at the Memorial Hall in Dereham with a matinee on the Saturday.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
You are advised to buy tickets (costing £8-£10) early as this show is very popular, from Arnie's Attic, 29 Quebec Street, Dereham 01362 691569 or go to the www.dosoc.co.uk Dereham Theatre Company website to book your tickets online.