Creake Abbey transformed for festive market
- Credit: Matthew Usher
It's the festive foodie's paradise - locally produced fare with a seasonal theme set against the stunning backdrop of Creake Abbey.
Over 50 stalls will pop up at the annual Christmas Farmers' Market at Creake Abbey, just outside Burnham Market, this Saturday, and also on December 21, set to get mouths watering from classic traditional meats to sauces, pies and delicacies as well as provide some last minute gift inspiration.
Ethnic Fusion Cooking, Laura's Scrumptious Cakes and the artisan sour dough bread specialists Bread Source will have plenty to tempt alongisde Ian Wright's pork, The English Spirit Company, Sandringham Fruit Farm, Papworth Butchers, Amber Chocolates, Martin's Farm (fresh poultry and more), Scrubby Oak Fine Foods (specialty vinegars), Mr Kew's savoury pies and Great Walsingham Barns with their wide selection of pies, puds and tarts.
Rhubarb & Custard's sweet creations vie for your custom with The Old Fashioned Pudding Company's Christmas puddings to provide your dessert.
Orchard Farm Plants will bring narcissi and bulbs for seasonal arrangements and Jelly Cottage produce stunning wreaths to make Christmas complete.
You may also want to watch:
Creake Abbey founder, Diana Scott, said, ' Christmas at Creake Abbey is always very special. When lit and decorated for Yuletide, the market, courtyard shops and cafe will again provide that unique Christmas atmosphere and excitement instantly bringing childhood memories flooding back with the unmistakable buzz of preparation for such a special family day.'
The newly opened Creake Abbey Cafe will offer the traditional mulled wine and mince pies as well as breakfast, elevenses, light and hearty lunch options, tea and coffee, luxurious cakes and sweet temptations.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
The Cafe will also this year be offering a wide range of hampers for sale.
For further information and opening times go to www.creakeabbey.co.uk.