Could you offer a spare room to musicians for this year’s Dereham Blues Festival?
- Credit: IAN BURT
Do you like a bit of jam with your breakfast in the mornings?
Well you could end up with a live jam session in your kitchen for free if you can offer accommodation to one of the dozens of bands and artists taking part in this year's Dereham Blues Festival.
Organisers are looking for hosts for the 45 musicians who will be looking for accommodation throughout the event, now in its fourth year, which runs from July 7 to 10.
With thousands of visitors expected many of the hotels will get booked up early so any spare rooms available in town will be in demand.
Festival founder Stewart Aitken said last year there was camping on the recreation ground, thanks to the Toftwood Scouts and Dereham Town Council, and it was hoped to continue the same arrangement this year.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Carolyn Coleman added, 'Some of our venues offer accommodation, but these have been booked months in advance. We have links on our website to lists of local guest houses but many of these are already booked. Lots of people will try Air BnB but there are no listings for Dereham!
'Some of our bands are travelling a long way to appear at the festival and would really welcome some homely accommodation in the town.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
'Most of the gigs will end at 11pm or 11.30pm, so anyone offering to host a band or an artist would not be kept up too late.'
Headlining this year's festival is Dr Feelgood who will perform the only ticketed event at the Memorial Hall on the opening night. All other gigs in venues across the town are free of charge to the audience.
Do you have a spare room that you could offer to a solo artist or perhaps several rooms to accommodate a band and give the blues artists a very warm welcome to Dereham?
Contact Stewart on 01362 860491 or Carolyn on 01362 695084.
For more information about the blues festival, see www.derehambluesfestival.org.uk