Could you be drag queens for Dereham’s next musical?
- Credit: Dereham Theatre company
The Queen of the Desert will be coming to the heart of Norfolk this year thanks to Dereham Theatre Company.
The group will be performing hit West End and Broadway musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert this October and are looking for anyone interested in singing, acting or dancing to come on board for this mammoth production.
The show tells the story of two drag queens and a transgender woman who contract to perform a drag show at a resort in Alice Springs. It is famous for its outrageous costumes as well as classic hit songs such as I Will Survive, Hot Stuff and Boogie Wonderland.
Men and woman of all ages are encouraged to attend the sing throughs at 7.30pm on Thursday, May 18 and Tuesday, May 23, with auditions on Sunday, May 28 at The Studio, behind Dereham Memorial Hall.
Tickets will go on general release on June 12.
Full details are on the website www.dosoc.co.uk.
- 1 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk