Could you be drag queens for Dereham’s next musical?
- Credit: Dereham Theatre company
The Queen of the Desert will be coming to the heart of Norfolk this year thanks to Dereham Theatre Company.
The group will be performing hit West End and Broadway musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert this October and are looking for anyone interested in singing, acting or dancing to come on board for this mammoth production.
The show tells the story of two drag queens and a transgender woman who contract to perform a drag show at a resort in Alice Springs. It is famous for its outrageous costumes as well as classic hit songs such as I Will Survive, Hot Stuff and Boogie Wonderland.
Men and woman of all ages are encouraged to attend the sing throughs at 7.30pm on Thursday, May 18 and Tuesday, May 23, with auditions on Sunday, May 28 at The Studio, behind Dereham Memorial Hall.
Tickets will go on general release on June 12.
You may also want to watch:
Full details are on the website www.dosoc.co.uk.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham