Comedy take on blockbuster film Gladiator comes to Great Yarmouth as part of In Here Festival
- Credit: Archant
A comedy re-imagining of the 2000 Hollywood blockbuster Gladiator will form part of the upcoming In Here Festival in Great Yarmouth this May.
Gloriator is the story of bravery, honour, and costumes made of cardboard!
Performed by a female Anglo-French comedy duo, the show takes certain scenes from the well-known movie and adds a spin to highlight the perspective of the female roles.
Gloriator is on Thursday, May 21 at 7.30pm at the Drill House in York Road at 7.30pm and is just one of many spectacular events being put on Seachange Arts for the In Here festival.
With performance, circus and workshops, the In Here Festival has emerged from Seachange's partnership with Battersea Arts Centre and the Collaborative Touring Network.
You may also want to watch:
The show's creative team has been involved in all five series of the Bafta award winning Horrible Histories and have 15 years of experience in theatre.
Gloriator is their first creation under the company Spitz & Co and has won a Critics' Choice award at Exeter Ignite.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Family audiences will also get the opportunity to join Seachange in celebrating Gloriator by creating a giant cardboard Roman Helmet at the upcoming free In Here Cook Up held at St George's Park on the Saturday, May 16.
The Festival features a variety of shows, workshops and activities across Yarmouth, and began yesterday. It wraps-up on Saturday, May 23.
Tickets for Gloriator are £6, £4 for U16s or £15 for a family ticket and are available from St George's Theatre on 01493 331484 or online at www.seachangearts.org.uk