Comedian Lee Evans to return to Lowestoft
COMEDY superstar Lee Evans will be playing two special 'warm up' performances at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre next month.
Last time the popular comedian played at Lowestoft in 2008 all 1,400 tickets for his two shows sold out in a matter of hours.
Lee Evans will warm up for his forthcoming tour by appearing at the Marina Theatre on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22 and 23.
Tickets can only be bought in person from the theatre box office from 10am this Sunday.
Theatre manager Martin Halliday said: 'We are extremely honoured that Lee Evans has once again chosen the Marina to prepare for his forthcoming tour.
You may also want to watch:
'We are expecting demand for tickets to be extremely high, therefore, to be as fair as possible we will be opening the box office especially this Sunday from 10am to personal callers only.'
He added: 'All 1,400 seats will be available so everyone needs to get up early if they want a seat.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 9 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
The two performances by Lee at Lowestoft will be just before he heads off on his Roadrunner arena tour this summer.
Roadrunner is Lee's new show with 63 nights at the biggest arenas in the country.
When the show initially went on sale last year it smashed UK box office records by selling 227,424 tickets in just one day, firmly establishing it as the fastest and biggest day one selling UK comedy tour of all time.
Lee's manic energy, uncanny observations, hilarious delivery and side-splitting material have made his live performances a must-see for comedy fans worldwide.
His tours and DVD releases year-on-year continue to smash sales and box office records.