Comedian Lee Evans to return to Lowestoft
COMEDY superstar Lee Evans will be playing two special 'warm up' performances at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre next month.
Last time the popular comedian played at Lowestoft in 2008 all 1,400 tickets for his two shows sold out in a matter of hours.
Lee Evans will warm up for his forthcoming tour by appearing at the Marina Theatre on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22 and 23.
Tickets can only be bought in person from the theatre box office from 10am this Sunday.
Theatre manager Martin Halliday said: 'We are extremely honoured that Lee Evans has once again chosen the Marina to prepare for his forthcoming tour.
You may also want to watch:
'We are expecting demand for tickets to be extremely high, therefore, to be as fair as possible we will be opening the box office especially this Sunday from 10am to personal callers only.'
He added: 'All 1,400 seats will be available so everyone needs to get up early if they want a seat.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
The two performances by Lee at Lowestoft will be just before he heads off on his Roadrunner arena tour this summer.
Roadrunner is Lee's new show with 63 nights at the biggest arenas in the country.
When the show initially went on sale last year it smashed UK box office records by selling 227,424 tickets in just one day, firmly establishing it as the fastest and biggest day one selling UK comedy tour of all time.
Lee's manic energy, uncanny observations, hilarious delivery and side-splitting material have made his live performances a must-see for comedy fans worldwide.
His tours and DVD releases year-on-year continue to smash sales and box office records.