Classic comedies to be performed in Diss, Hoxne and Debenham
Three short classic comedies by the Russian playwright Anton Chekhov are featured in a show set to visit Diss, Hoxne and Debenham.
From Russia With Love, Lust and Laughs, by the Open Space Theatre Company, also includes a poignant Chekhovian themed drama by modern playwright, Brian Friel.
Comedy at its most delicious dominates this show. In both The Bear and The Proposal, situations build to a hilarious climax while in The Evils of Tobacco a hen-pecked husband is instructed by his wife to give a lecture but it soon deviates into a picture of the pitiful life he leads.
The final drama, Afterplay, takes two of Chekhov's most famous characters, Sonya from Uncle Vanya and Andrey from Three Sisters, and imagines then meeting 20 years on.
The show visits St Edmunds Hall, Hoxne, on Friday, November 23, Diss Corn Hall on Thursday, November 29 and the Red Lion, Debenham on Sunday, December 2.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �9.50 and �8 (concessions) Box offices: Diss 01379 652241, Hoxne and Debenham 01379 855101.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover