Christmas swing at the Diss Corn Hall
Timeless jazz and swing for nostalgia lovers will be served up at the Diss Corn Hall on Sunday, December 9.
Established for over 25 years, The Big Band will be performing their Swing Into Christmas show for the first time in Diss from 7.30pm to 10pm.
Enjoy the excitement of the Big Band playing some of the band's own arrangements of festive favourites including Sleigh Ride, Let it Snow and White Christmas along with classics from the library's of Michael Buble, Harry Connick Jnr, Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters.
This year, the CD Swing Into Christmas will be on sale at the price of �12.50 and all proceeds will be going to locally based charity Nelson's Journey who support bereaved children and young people. CDs are available via the bands website or at the concerts.
Two of East Anglia's top big band vocalists will be featured and the female vocal trio 'The Moonglow Sisters' will be returning to perform for the second year singing Christmas arrangements in the style of The Andrews Sisters.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �12.50 and are available from the box office on 01379 652241 at the Old Stables between 11am and 4pm Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror