Choir bids farewell at Dereham concert
- Credit: Archant
A community choir is to hold its farewell concert in Dereham in aid of charity.
The Hearts and Voices Community Choir will perform a Christmas concert on Friday December 5 with all proceeds of the event going to Nelson's Journey, a Norfolk based charity which supports bereaved children and young people.
Nan Neville-Jones, a trustee of Nelson's Journey since October 2009 and organiser of this event, said: 'This concert should be a great start to the Christmas season and appeal to all ages. As a former Norfolk head teacher, I saw first-hand the work Nelson's Journey did to support some very vulnerable and sad children, I decided that I would try to support their work and bring back smiles to bereaved children in Norfolk.'
The Hearts and Voices Community Choir has been enthusiastically led by Chrissy West who has inspired and motivated many to sing their hearts out.
Due to personal circumstances Chrissy has had to stand down as musical director, so this final performance will be a celebration not just of the work of Nelson's Journey, but the contribution and camaraderie provided by Hearts and Voices.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be held at Dereham Memorial Hall taking the audience on a journey through music, from traditional carols to medieval songs through to seasonal pop and world music.
Organisers would like to fill the hall and raise at least £1,000 for Nelson's Journey which could fund places for six bereaved young people to attend a therapeutic weekend, a whole host of bereavement work books or teddy bears for children to take away with them.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Sarah Hyde, community funding and marketing officer for the charity, said: 'We do not often have events in this area of the county so it's great to see awareness is spreading. Nan is an absolute credit to Nelson's Journey and we are really excited for this event to take place.'
There will be a raffle on the evening and refreshments available.
Tickets prices are £10 adults, £8 concessions, and £5 under 16s from The Little Gallery, 62 Norwich Street, Dereham 01362 690969.
For more information about Nelson's Journey visit their website at www.nelsonsjourney.org,uk.