Busted to bring new tour to Norwich
- Credit: PA
Noughties pop rock royalty Busted are to perform an intimate gig in Norwich as part of their new tour.
The reunited trio - comprised of Charlie Simpson, Matt Willis and James Bourne - will perform 21 shows across the UK and Ireland with their first show at the The Nick Rayns LCR at the University of East Anglia on Sunday January 29 2017.
In a video announcement, Matt said: 'Hey guys,we are very, very, very, very, very excited to announce that we are going back out on tour on the Night Driver tour in 2017.
'We are coming to some of the most intimate venues we've played.
'And we wanted to get out and close to you, and spread Night Driver love all over you - and we thought these places would be an epic start.'
You may also want to watch:
It comes following the release of their new single 'On What You're On', which debuted a new electronic sound for the group.
The tour is in support of their upcoming album Night Driver - the group's first full length release of new material since 'A Present For Everyone' in 2003.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
And fans will be happy to know that the band have confirmed on Twitter that the tour will feature many of their old songs which include 'Year 3000', 'Crashed the Wedding' and 'What I Go to School For'.
• Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am from the UEA website and cost £29.50.