Bradwell peformer back home to take turn in the spotlight at this year’s Out There Festival
- Credit: Archant
When the curtain goes up on circus spectacular Silver Lining in Great Yarmouth next month it will be a particularly special moment for one of its young stars.
Talented juggler Tom Gaskin will be returning to his home county to perform in the high flying show, which is among the highlights of this year's Out There Festival.
And the Bradwell performer will also be fulfilling a long held wish when he steps into the spotlight at the Hippodrome, as the historic venue helped nurture his passion for circus while he worked there as a teenager.
Silver Lining brings together a group of graduates from the National Centre for Circus Arts, where Tom studied after attending Lynn Grove High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College.
And he said he was excited to show his fellow performers around the famous venue. 'I'm really excited for them to see the Hippodrome. So much of what I do is inspired by what I learnt there, it put me on the circus path,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
The 23-year-old was first taught the art of juggling by his uncle, a travelling circus clown. He began to perfect his act while working at the Hippodrome where he had various roles, including spotlight operator, and honed his skills after winning a place at the prestigious National Centre in London.
A big fan of the Out There Festival, which returns to Yarmouth's streets, parks and venues for its seventh outing, Tom said he was looking forward to being part of this year's line up.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
He said: 'I knew it from just being in Yarmouth and seeing all the great things that are there. Since I have been away to London I have learnt about all these new artists and you hear about them going to Out There.
'It takes on a another high level of relevance and you realise how lucky we are in Yarmouth to have it.'
After Out There, the Silver Lining team hope to take the show to more venues across the UK and even abroad, after it caught the attention of the British Council.
Silver Lining plays out on September 19. Tickets £10, available from the box office on 01493 844172 or via www.hippodromecircus.co.uk. Out There runs from September 17 - 21. Visit www.outtherefestival.com