Boost for Planters as striker Finch signs up
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Norwich United travel to Ware on Saturday having secured the signature of Leiston striker Christy Finch.
The 24-year-old is a proven prolific goalscorer and bagged 20 goals last season, his first season for Leiston in the Ryman League Premier Division. This season he has netted eight goals so far and will provide a big boost to manager Steve Eastaugh's attacking options.
The striker is well known in local parts having joined Leiston from Wroxham after scoring 31 goals in 43 appearances for the Yachtsmen in 2014-15, and was previously with Gorleston.
The Planters will travel in good heart following Tuesday night's 2-0 victory over Norfolk rivals Dereham Town. The Planters bounced back from two consecutive defeats with a hard fought win thanks to a late goal in each half, moving up to 13th position and jumping above their opponents in the process. A win in could see Eastaugh's men enjoy their Christmas lunch in the top half of the Ryman North table.
Today's opponents have won just one of their last eight league games, although that was an impressive 3-1 win at Soham Town Rangers and last Saturday saw them go down 4-0 at AFC Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham will be desperate to get the derby defeat out of their systems today, but it won't be easy.
They hit the road to take on Aveley who have had a good season so far and currently stand in fourth position. The Magpies will be looking for their first win in four, having picked up just one point since winning 3-1 at Heybridge Swifts last month.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
Wroxham entertain mid-table AFC Hornchurch knowing they will go into Christmas at the foot of the table no matter what happens at Trafford Park this afternoon.
After successive defeats the Yachtsmen are five points adrift going into the game, although they do have a game in hand on the side above them, Great Wakering Rovers.