Blofield are keen to keep their grip on KO trophy
Mummery Cup holders Blofield sent out a message that they intend to keep their hands on the Senior KO trophy with a 5-2 home win over Division One outfit Reepham.
For the league champions, Nick Crawley hit a hat-trick, with Stuart Rushbrook and Sean Brown also on target, while James Page and Stephen Drake replied for the Robins.
Poringland from Division One beat Premier Division visitors Wroxham Reserves 3-2, Sean Payne, Jonathan Causton and Ashley Ling their marksmen, Joshua Walsh claiming a brace for the Yachtsmen.
Acle beat visitors Dersingham 5-4 on penalties after the sides finished 0-0, while Bradenham from Division One accounted for their Premier Division hosts Brandon 6-0.
Sheringham made their higher league status count with a 4-1 win at Caister. John Curtis (2), Tom Balls and Andrew Gleave scored for the Shannocks, Grant Johnson replying.
Spixworth from the Premier thumped their section one visitors Watton 7-1, Damian Didwell claiming a hat-trick, Ramsey Gashut and Jason Armes adding two each, while James Walker replied.
Wells and Long Stratton, the top two in Division One, produced the anticipated close cup match, the Seasiders winning 4-2 on penalties after a 4-4 draw.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
Scott Gray (2), Daniel Grocott and Philip Frary scored for Wells, Shaun Flint bagging a hat-trick and Andrew Harvey one goal for Long Stratton.
A Neil McMorran goal gave Beccles a 1-0 home win over Division One Horsford while Corton, in an all-Division One clash, beat visitors Hindringham 4-0 (Kevin Oldman 2, Quinn French, Stuart Bloomfield).
Cromer beat Wymondham 2-0 (David Hinton, Shaun Cameron) while Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves won 4-2 on penalties after being held 1-1 at Holt, Lewis Smith scoring for the Owls, Paul Highfield for K&P.
There were two 1-0 away wins, Hempnall at Sprowston Athletic (Carl Harwin) and Stalham at St Andrews (Carl Bailey).
In the Premier Division, North Walsham registered their first win, 3-1 at bottom club Loddon, who are pointless after four games.
In the Cyril Ballyn Trophy, the Junior KO Cup, Harleston beat visitors Newton Flotman 5-3, Acle Reserves won 3-2 on penalties after drawing 1-1 at Hempnall Reserves, and Mundford won 3-1 at home to Scole after extra-time.
Redgrave Rangers beat visitors Southwold 3-1, Saham Toney lost 4-2 at home to Downham Reserves and Buxton won 3-2 at Waveney.