Appalachian dancing at Diss Corn Hall
A display of Appalachian step-dancing will be taking place at Diss Corn Hall next Friday.
The show, Appalachian Roots with Ira Bernstein and Riley Baugus will start at 8pm.
Ira has been described as possibly the best Appalachian step-dancer in the world and has shared the stage with many of the tap and step-dancing greats, including Gregory Hines, Savion Glover and Chuck Green.
His repertoire has a common thread: the production of rhythmic, percussive sounds.
His feet are the sticks, the floor is the drum, which is why he refers to his art as Ten Toe percussion.
You may also want to watch:
Riley Baugus is a Carolina banjo man and a virtuoso old-time musician, singer and raconteur.
Baugus was the singing voice of Pangle in the film Cold Mountain and also appeared on the 2009 Grammy Award-winning Album of the Year, Raising Sand with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
With traditional dance, song and instrumental music from the southern Appalachian region of the US, with a few international twists thrown in, Appalachian Roots is an old-time music and dance variety show full of humour and skill.
For more information, visit www.tentoepercussion.com/appalachianroots
Tickets are �12 or concessions �10 and the performance starts at 8pm
To contact the Corn Hall Box Office, phone 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk.
Alternatively, call into the Box Office in person between 11am and 4pm from Monday to Saturday.