Abseil down Southwold lighthouse
Hayley MaceActive types with a head for heights are being given the chance to abseil down Southwold Lighthouse to raise money for the RNLI.Hayley Mace
Active types with a head for heights are being given the chance to abseil down Southwold Lighthouse to raise money for the RNLI.
The event takes place on Sunday August 9, and 12 members of the town's lifeboat crew have already signed up to take part in the abseil down the 31m landmark.
It is hoped that up to 100 people will be able to take part on the day, with all the money raised going to the RNLI's Train One, Save Many campaign which has been set up to fund the training of volunteer lifeboat crews.
It costs �25 and each participant must also raise �100 in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to take part should contact Rachel Clarke on 01473 822837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner