Abseil down Southwold lighthouse
Hayley MaceActive types with a head for heights are being given the chance to abseil down Southwold Lighthouse to raise money for the RNLI.Hayley Mace
Active types with a head for heights are being given the chance to abseil down Southwold Lighthouse to raise money for the RNLI.
The event takes place on Sunday August 9, and 12 members of the town's lifeboat crew have already signed up to take part in the abseil down the 31m landmark.
It is hoped that up to 100 people will be able to take part on the day, with all the money raised going to the RNLI's Train One, Save Many campaign which has been set up to fund the training of volunteer lifeboat crews.
It costs �25 and each participant must also raise �100 in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to take part should contact Rachel Clarke on 01473 822837 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash