10 things to do around south Norfolk this weekend
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, September 30-Sunday, October 1).
1. Attleborough's Griffin Hotel will host an evening of live acoustic music on Friday from 8.30pm. I Am Tim will be among those providing entertainment.
2. There will a conservation session at Wymondham beauty spot Toll's Meadow on Sunday 2pm-4.30pm, hosted by Wymondham Nature Group.
3. Events are happening across the region on Friday as part of Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning. See coffee.macmillan.org.uk to find one near you.
4. There will be a history workshop at St Mary's Church, Regrave on Saturday 10am-4pm, focusing on portraiture through the ages, led by tutor Tania Harrington.
5. The Norfolk Butterfly Conservation Branch will meet at Hethersett Village Hall on Saturday 2pm-5.3pm. There will be talks and a photo competition.
You may also want to watch:
6. Diss Youth Group are having a fundraising bingo night on Saturday at the Diss Youth and Community Centre from 6.30pm, including a raffle and a tombola.
7. Learn to code simple computer animations at Hethersett Library on Saturday, 9.30am-11am or 11.30am-1pm. For adults and children aged 8+.
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
8. Diss Town Football Club is hosting a 'flower power' themed quiz with a fish and chip supper on Saturday from 7.30pm, to raise money for residents of De Lucy House.
9. The Diss Pub Scrawl-an exhibition of scribbled-on beer mats-starts at the Courn Hall on Saturday. The beer mats were decorated by pubgoers around the town.
10. A free baby and child first-aid course will take place at Harleston Information Centre on Saturday 2pm-4pm. Call 01379 851920 to book a place on the course.