10 things to do around south Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk Ltd
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, October 21-Sunday, October 22).
1. A barn dance to fundraise for Wymondham College's South Africa Rugby Tour 2018 is on Saturday from 7pm at the college, tickets £7.50-£15 including a hog roast.
2. An Autumn Craft Fair is on Saturday 10am-2pm at Wymondham's Central Hall with stalls selling jewellery, gifts, clothes, flowers and more.
3. The Green Dragon in Wymondham is having a gin and rum night on Friday 8.30pm, with live piano music and drinks promotions in the den.
4. The North Wymondham Community Centre is hosting an Elvis tribute show on Friday 7pm, tickets: £10 in advance only from 01953 600563.
You may also want to watch:
5. Stephen Pope will give a talk titled 'A History of Aviation in Norfolk' at St Mary's Church Hall, Diss on Friday, 7.30pm, hosted by Friends of Diss Museum.
6. Banham Zoo is taking part in a global celebration of lemurs starting Saturday called World Lemur Festival. The zoo is open daily, call 01953887771 for more.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
7. Fallen Angels by Noel Coward will be performed by Harleston Players at Archbishop Sancroft High School on Friday and Saturday at 7.30pm.
8. Special Kinda Madness, a Madness tribute, will play at Diss Corn Hall on Saturday 7pm, tickets £15 from www.thecornhall.co.uk or 01379 652241.
9. Diss's Rotary clubs since 1947 are featured in a new display at Diss Museum, open daily except Tuesdays 11am-3pm. It marks 70 years of Rotary in the town.
10. A Christmas Village Market is on Saturday at Newton Flotman Church 10am-1pm with crafts, local food and drink on sale, free entry, call 07881 917836 for more.
11. Wymondham Farmers' Market celebrates National Apple Day on Saturday, with apple-themed activities and special produce for sale. Takes place 9am-1pm.