10 things to do around south Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, September 16, Sunday, September 17).
1. The Dulcet Tones will play at the Cross Keys in Wymondham on Saturday at 9pm. The high-energy rock band plays indie tunes to get the crowd dancing.
2. Needham Village Hall will host a talk on aerial archeology on Saturday at 2pm, hosted by the Waveney Valley Community Archaeology Group. Cost is £3.
3. There will be an open day at Billingford Windmill on Sunday midday-4pm, including tours at midday and 2.30pm and a celebration of harvest service at 3pm.
4. Guitarists Valérie Hartzell and Rod Faulkner will perform solos and duos at Wymondham Central Hall on Saturday from 7pm. Tickets: £8-£10 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
5. Olly Day and Nigel 'Boy' Syer are bringing their show full of fun and laughter to Connaught Hall, Attleborough, on Saturday 7.30pm. Tickets are £12.50.
6. Attleborough Show will take place on Sunday, 8.30am-6pm, off Rocklands Road in Little Ellingham. There will be horses, trade stands and a dog show.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
7. Wymondham's monthly farmers' market is on Saturday at Market Place 9am-1pm. Traders sell locally-sourced produce and seasonal specials.
8. There will be a car-boot in the car park of Attleborough's M&Co on Sunday at 10am, in aid of Cancer Research UK. Cost for a pitch is £6 and all profits go to the charity.
9. The South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Band is playing on Saturday from 7.30pm at Weybread Church. Cost is £10, £5 for children, including refreshments.
10. Friends of Diss Museum will be running a bric-a-brac stall outside the museum on Saturday, 9.30am-3pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.