10 things to do around south Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There is always a lot going on in south Norfolk. Here are just a few ideas of what to do and where to go this weekend (Saturday, September 16, Sunday, September 17).
1. The Dulcet Tones will play at the Cross Keys in Wymondham on Saturday at 9pm. The high-energy rock band plays indie tunes to get the crowd dancing.
2. Needham Village Hall will host a talk on aerial archeology on Saturday at 2pm, hosted by the Waveney Valley Community Archaeology Group. Cost is £3.
3. There will be an open day at Billingford Windmill on Sunday midday-4pm, including tours at midday and 2.30pm and a celebration of harvest service at 3pm.
4. Guitarists Valérie Hartzell and Rod Faulkner will perform solos and duos at Wymondham Central Hall on Saturday from 7pm. Tickets: £8-£10 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
5. Olly Day and Nigel 'Boy' Syer are bringing their show full of fun and laughter to Connaught Hall, Attleborough, on Saturday 7.30pm. Tickets are £12.50.
6. Attleborough Show will take place on Sunday, 8.30am-6pm, off Rocklands Road in Little Ellingham. There will be horses, trade stands and a dog show.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
7. Wymondham's monthly farmers' market is on Saturday at Market Place 9am-1pm. Traders sell locally-sourced produce and seasonal specials.
8. There will be a car-boot in the car park of Attleborough's M&Co on Sunday at 10am, in aid of Cancer Research UK. Cost for a pitch is £6 and all profits go to the charity.
9. The South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Band is playing on Saturday from 7.30pm at Weybread Church. Cost is £10, £5 for children, including refreshments.
10. Friends of Diss Museum will be running a bric-a-brac stall outside the museum on Saturday, 9.30am-3pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.