Youth band to play at church which had lead stolen from its roof four times
- Credit: Archant
A concert is being planned to raise money for a village church which has had lead stolen from its roof four times.
The South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Band Plus - a group of about 30 musicians - will perform at St John the Baptist Church in Bressingham, near Diss, on Saturday, May 6.
Organiser, Alison Dumbell, said the band was made up of performers aged from eight to adult and included brass instruments, clarinets, flutes, percussion and more.
Mrs Dumbell said it should be a enjoyable concert for an excellent cause.
She said the church was in need of repairs.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Dumbell said: 'We've had lead stolen from our roofs four times, the guttering needs work done and we need to have heating in the church because at the moment there isn't any.'
The concert starts at 7pm and tickets are £10, and £5 for under 16s, including food, and are available from Bressingham Village Shop, or by calling 01379 687580.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash