Young Dereham theatre stars are off to see the Wizard
- Credit: Helen Bailey
The brick road has been painted yellow, the wicked witch is polishing her broomstick and Dorothy is shining up her ruby slippers.
Yes, it's nearly time for Dereham Theatre Company's Youth Group (DOSYTco) to head to The Emerald City for their next musical - The Wizard of Oz.
Led by the production team of Anna Lawrence, David Blake, Adam Wright and Jodie Quirke, the group of children between the ages of 8 to 18, will recreate this wonderful show which includes memorable songs such as Somewhere over the Rainbow and Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.
Costumes have been provided by Dereham Theatre Costumes and make up is being crafted by Sophie Blanks.
The cast features Emily Baker as Dorothy, Reece King as the Lion, Harrison Matwij as the Tin Man and Josiah Blake as the Scarecrow.
You may also want to watch:
Wizard of Oz is being performed from Wednesday, April 5 until Saturday, April 8 at Dereham Memorial Hall, nightly at 7.30pm as well as a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday.
Tickets cost £14 or £12 for under 18s, and can be bought online at www.dosoc.co.uk or via the Box Office at the Little Gallery, 62 Norwich Street, Dereham, telephone 01362 690969.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP