Young Dereham theatre stars are off to see the Wizard
- Credit: Helen Bailey
The brick road has been painted yellow, the wicked witch is polishing her broomstick and Dorothy is shining up her ruby slippers.
Yes, it's nearly time for Dereham Theatre Company's Youth Group (DOSYTco) to head to The Emerald City for their next musical - The Wizard of Oz.
Led by the production team of Anna Lawrence, David Blake, Adam Wright and Jodie Quirke, the group of children between the ages of 8 to 18, will recreate this wonderful show which includes memorable songs such as Somewhere over the Rainbow and Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.
Costumes have been provided by Dereham Theatre Costumes and make up is being crafted by Sophie Blanks.
The cast features Emily Baker as Dorothy, Reece King as the Lion, Harrison Matwij as the Tin Man and Josiah Blake as the Scarecrow.
You may also want to watch:
Wizard of Oz is being performed from Wednesday, April 5 until Saturday, April 8 at Dereham Memorial Hall, nightly at 7.30pm as well as a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday.
Tickets cost £14 or £12 for under 18s, and can be bought online at www.dosoc.co.uk or via the Box Office at the Little Gallery, 62 Norwich Street, Dereham, telephone 01362 690969.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church