Wymondham and Attleborough talking newspaper celebrates 700th edition
A talking newspaper will mark the 700th edition of its service with a special radio play.
The Wymondham and Attleborough Talking Newspaper play, entitled 'The Anniversary Edition', has been written by chairman Tony Vale and is set to be released next month.
The comedy drama goes behind the scenes of the fictional Riddlestone and District Talking Newspaper as they prepare to record their 20th anniversary edition.
The 25 minute play will be recorded in front of an invited audience of listeners, volunteers and supporters, during a social evening hosted by former ITV regional television newsreader, Clare Weller.
The production will be introduced and back-announced by Clare, in the style of a BBC Radio Four drama presentation and it will be included on the newspaper's 700th edition, which is scheduled for dispatch to the listeners on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
The recording will take place at 7.30pm on November 24 at the United Reformed Church Centre in Wymondham.
The talking newspaper is free to the listener and equipment is supplied to play the memory sticks on which it is recorded. It can also be accessed via the organisation's website at www.watn.org.uk
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
For more information, call 01953 605434 or send a message via the website.