Wymondham Abbey hosts Wartime Weekend
The Wymondham Abbey fundraising team are preparing for their Abbey Extravaganza, All Our Yesterdays, from Friday, May 4, to Monday, May 7.
Each day there will be a nostalgic exhibition in the abbey enhanced with floral displays.
On the Saturday, 10am-3pm, a street fair will take place outside the abbey, with stalls, entertainment, attractions and a 1940s fancy dress competition, followed by a concert by Norwich City Concert Band in Wymondham Abbey at 7.30pm.
Concert tickets, at �10, including refreshments, are available from Reeves in Wymondham, Hair Sense on 01953 857500 or Joyce Reynolds on 01953 604904.
On the Sunday, a 1940s-themed lunch will be served in the Abbey Hall on Church Street at 12.30pm. Tickets, �8, from Joyce Reynolds. Then there will be a Songs of Praise service in the abbey at 5.30pm.
To end this Wartime Weekend there will be a family treasure hunt at 10am on the Monday, starting from the Abbey Hall. Call 01953 604121 for details.
Refreshments will be served in the Abbey Hall throughout the weekend.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
For more information, visit www.wymondhamabbey.com or call 01953 604904.