Wymondham Abbey hosts Wartime Weekend
The Wymondham Abbey fundraising team are preparing for their Abbey Extravaganza, All Our Yesterdays, from Friday, May 4, to Monday, May 7.
Each day there will be a nostalgic exhibition in the abbey enhanced with floral displays.
On the Saturday, 10am-3pm, a street fair will take place outside the abbey, with stalls, entertainment, attractions and a 1940s fancy dress competition, followed by a concert by Norwich City Concert Band in Wymondham Abbey at 7.30pm.
Concert tickets, at �10, including refreshments, are available from Reeves in Wymondham, Hair Sense on 01953 857500 or Joyce Reynolds on 01953 604904.
On the Sunday, a 1940s-themed lunch will be served in the Abbey Hall on Church Street at 12.30pm. Tickets, �8, from Joyce Reynolds. Then there will be a Songs of Praise service in the abbey at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To end this Wartime Weekend there will be a family treasure hunt at 10am on the Monday, starting from the Abbey Hall. Call 01953 604121 for details.
Refreshments will be served in the Abbey Hall throughout the weekend.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
For more information, visit www.wymondhamabbey.com or call 01953 604904.