World famous Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to return to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It's an evening that celebrates everything British – with a selection of well-loved classical masterpieces, popular arias and Proms favourites.
And when the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra return to Lowestoft to perform its ever-popular Last Night of the Proms concert at the Marina Theatre, audiences can expect a fun-filled evening featuring soprano Sarah Redgwick.
Conducted by Stephen Bell, the concert takes place on Friday, June 23 at 7.30pm and has been sponsored by Fosters Solicitors - a law firm with offices across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Speaking ahead of the concert in Lowestoft, Sarah Redgwick said: 'The audience can feel a part of the excitement and intimacy that you can't get on a recording and it is also a very different sound and experience to hear music performed live. I just love the atmosphere, the sense of occasion. It just feels like a great British institution, people coming together to celebrate all that is wonderful about us as a nation.'
The programme includes Rossini William Tell: Galop, Tchaikovsky Nutcracker: Waltz Of The Flowers, Brahms Hungarian Dance No.1, Arne Arr. Sargent Rule, Britannia!, Parry Arr. Elgar Jerusalem, Elgar Pomp And Circumstance No.1 and many more.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a perfect concert for all ages and musical tastes and a fantastic introduction to live music,' she added. 'The audience can let their hair down and join in with famous songs such as Jerusalem and it's thrilling to hear everyone singing and having a wonderful time! I am very much looking forward to singing The Laughing Song from Strauss' Die Fledermaus. I also feel very proud to sing Rule, Britannia! and see the audience singing loudly and waving their flags.'
Damien Moore, partner and Head of Fosters Solicitors Lowestoft, added: 'We are immensely proud to sponsor this showcase event which promises to be a spectacular and memorable evening in the very capable and magnificent hands of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Tickets are on sale from the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk to book. The Marina Theatre is also offering a new celebration package as part of the concert. For £10 audience members will receive a programme, small glass of Pimms, champagne flute, Union Jack flag and party hat – all in a bespoke bag.