Woman dies after falling from shopping centre car park
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after she fell from the multi-storey car park at the Market Gates Shopping Centre in Great Yarmouth this morning.
Police were called to the scene at 11.08am.
The area she fell from is by the back of the Troll Cart pub.
As well as police, ambulance crews and an air ambulance were called.
Police have confirmed the woman died and have put a cordon in place in South Market Road and in the car park.
You may also want to watch:
A statement fron Norfolk Constabularly said: 'Police are currently on the scene of an incident in Great Yarmouth.
'Officers were called at 11.08am this morning to reports a woman had fallen from the car park at Market Gates Shopping Centre on South Market Road.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
'Sadly the woman died at the scene and her death is being treated as unexplained at this stage.
'A cordon has been put in place on South Market Road and a second cordon is in place in the car park; however, local roads in the area and the car park remain open.
'No further details about the deceased will be released at this time.'