Will Young confirms Thetford Forest gig
Pop star Will Young will be coming to Thetford Forest next summer after confirming a tour of Forestry Commission sites across the country.
Hot off the back of a sold-out UK tour, and number one platinum album, the singer has announced a tour of nation's forests in 2012, which will include a concert at High Lodge, near Thetford, on Saturday, June 16.
In the ten years since winning Pop Idol, Will Young has sold over nine million records with a succession of hits including 'Jealousy', 'Leave Right Now', 'Don't Let Me Down / You and I', 'Light My Fire', 'All Time Love', 'Who Am I' and 'Changes'.
This year the release of his fifth studio album, 'Echoes' sees his musical career develop further. The album, produced by Richard X, entered the charts at number one and has sold over 300,000 copies in the UK so far. The first single from the album 'Jealousy' has been a top five chart hit.
Commenting on the tour, Will Young said: 'The forest gigs have a great reputation for their atmosphere so I'm really looking forward to performing my songs in such unique settings.'
You may also want to watch:
Income generated from ticket sales from the Forestry Commission's live music events is spent on improving local forests for both people and wildlife. The Darkness and Plan B have already been confirmed for High Lodge in 2012.
Tickets are �35 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue