When are Norwich City’s 2016/17 Championship fixtures released?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Earlier this week the Football League dismissed a leaked list of Norwich City's Championship fixtures for the 2016/17 as a hoax - but when exactly will the Canaries find out who they play and when?
The Canaries' entire league programme on their return to the Football League appeared on social media early on Monday morning.
Alex Neil's squad were reportedly set to host Fulham at Carrow Road on August 6 before their first East Anglian derby meeting of the new season against Ipswich Town on December 10.
The Football League used their own Twitter account to dismiss the list as a hoax.
They tweeted: 'Some enquiries from you all this morning about the 2016/17 fixture list. We can confirm the 'fixture list' published online at the weekend is a hoax. At this stage we are still about 10 days away from being able to review a first draft of the 2016/17 fixture list. It's worth noting a number of the fixtures in the hoax list would not be permitted on those dates for operational & policing reasons.'
The Championship fixtures for the 2016-17 season will officially be released here at 9am on Wednesday, June 22.
Norwich City's return to the Championship kicks off on Saturday, August 6 and finishes on Sunday, May 7, 2017 unless the Canaries fancy another triumphant day out at Wembley in the playoffs.
Among the first games looked for by City fans will be the return of the hotly contested Old Farm Derby against Ipswich Town.
Meetings with the two other relegated Premier League clubs - Newcastle United and Aston Villa - will be worth keeping an eye on as will the three promoted clubs - Wigan Athletic, Barnsley and Burton Albion, who will be facing the Canaries for the first time in their history.
You may also want to watch:
The Football League have also confirmed that as well as the traditional Boxing Day fixture, teams will also play on New Years Eve which falls on a Saturday, and then again on Monday, January 2 in a busy period of festive action.
Which games will you be looking out for? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street