Wayland radio presenters heading to Glastonbury festival
Two community radio presenters from Norfolk will be taking to the airwaves next week to broadcast from a top music festival.
Paul Young and Del Franklin, who volunteer their time at Wayland Radio, will be working with the Worthy FM team as part of its coverage of this year's Glastonbury Festival.
Worthy FM is the Somerset event's official radio station and will be broadcasting 24 hours a day from June 22 to June 25.
Mr Franklin will take on the role of news and information reporter while Mr Young steps in as a presenter.
Both have worked at Worthy FM in previous years and are really looking forward to an exciting week at the sell-out festival.
You may also want to watch:
This year's line up includes headliners U2, Beyonce, Coldplay and Rumer.
Mr Franklin and Mr Young will be hoping to rub shoulders with a few of the stars and are keeping their fingers crossed they will avoid the mud slides of previous years.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
Wayland Radio is a community radio station broadcasting to homes in the Watton and Swaffham areas.