Watch an operation at hospital's open day
Sarah BrealeyA live operation will be one of the activities at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's open day this Saturday.The operation, carried out by consultant dermatologist Nick Levell, will remove a skin growth and visitors will be able to view the surgery via a live television link in the dermatology department.Sarah Brealey
A live operation will be one of the activities for visitors to see at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's open day this Saturday.
The operation, carried out by consultant dermatologist Nick Levell, will remove a skin growth and visitors will be able to view the surgery via a live television link in the dermatology department. Numbers will be limited, so visitors will be asked to book on the day.
There will be activities for children, including a "Go Rabbit" painting competition inspired by the Go Elephant project in Norwich last year. The arts project has 35 life-size plaster rabbits which children can paint and win art materials for the best design. The rabbits will then be displayed around the hospital.
Visitors will also be able to find out more about their health and see what goes on behind the scenes in oper-ating theatres, pathology, pharmacy and cardiology. There will also be a careers and recruitment fair.
You may also want to watch:
The event, 10am to 4pm, is free with no need to book, and parking is free.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown