Video: Pleasurewood Hills at 30 - Take a ride on Wipeout
- Credit: Archant © 2007
In 2007 Pleasurewood Hills opened the most expensive ride in the park's history - the Wipeout rollercoaster - and we were invited along to film a ride on it.
At the time of its launch the £1.5m ride was claimed to be the east of England's tallest, fastest and most exhilarating rollercoaster.
Standing at more than 115ft tall, using more than 900ft of twisted steel and touching speeds of almost 50mph, thrill-seekers are launched through three loops with a force of more than 5-Gs.
Complaints from local residents over the noise emissions from the ride have been lodged with park owners and Waveney District Council ever since it was installed.
In 2011 councillors dismissed fears that the Wipeout ride would have to be closed. The council's development control committee supported a report from the council's environmental health officer which proposed setting a less stringent noise level to that originally granted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"