Video: Norfolk residents hit back at restaurant critic AA Gill
Villagers and business owners have spoken out against restaurant critic AA Gill after he described the county as 'the hernia on the end of England'.
The controversial critic reviewed the Rose and Crown at Snettisham in the Sunday Times at the weekend, but spent most of the time taking pot-shots at Norfolk.
Among his comments were:
• 'If Norfolk didn't exist, we would have to make it up, and then regret it'
• Norfolk is a 'backward place to allocate dark lusts, incest and idiocy'
You may also want to watch:
• 'A poverty-bitten place, keeping up its stained trousers with baler twine'
Gill has a track record of upsetting people. He has previously offended the people of Wales, the Isle of Man – and TV presenter Clare Balding.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
• Watch this video to see how Norfolk residents have responded to the review
• What do you think of AA Gill's comments? Let us know by leaving a comment below.