Vegetarian and vegan food to feature at abbey’s festival
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Vegetarians, vegans and anyone interested in local, sustainable food can whet their appetites at plans for an upcoming food and drink festival.
Wymondham Abbey is hosting the festival on Saturday, September 23, with a focus on vegetarian food, to coincide with the abbey's annual harvest festival.
A spokesman said: 'This is an issue attracting more and more interest as people consider the ethics and environmental impact of the food we eat.'
The festival will include a fruit and vegetable competition, food traders' stalls, a pop-up cafe, demonstrations and activities.
There will also be a bake-off for children and adults aged up to 21. Entries can be any type of cake or biscuit made at home.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am to 3pm. For more details, call 01953 607062 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award