Vegetarian and vegan food to feature at abbey’s festival
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Vegetarians, vegans and anyone interested in local, sustainable food can whet their appetites at plans for an upcoming food and drink festival.
Wymondham Abbey is hosting the festival on Saturday, September 23, with a focus on vegetarian food, to coincide with the abbey's annual harvest festival.
A spokesman said: 'This is an issue attracting more and more interest as people consider the ethics and environmental impact of the food we eat.'
The festival will include a fruit and vegetable competition, food traders' stalls, a pop-up cafe, demonstrations and activities.
There will also be a bake-off for children and adults aged up to 21. Entries can be any type of cake or biscuit made at home.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am to 3pm. For more details, call 01953 607062 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 2 Senior staff member lifts lid on 'desperate' situation in N&N
- 3 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 6 Care home confirms outbreak of coronavirus
- 7 Hospital’s new £4m Covid unit not used for coronavirus patients
- 8 Coastal car park closes to 'deter visitors' as police hand out five FPNs
- 9 Restaurant stripped of licence for 'blatantly' serving in lockdown
- 10 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation