Update: Police investigate fire at Coldham Hall pub in Surlingham on the Norfolk Broads
Police are investigating how a fire started at a prominent Norfolk Broads pub shortly after it closed after lunch.
Eight crews of firefighters were called to the Coldham Hall pub in Surlingham after a fire broke out in its kitchen.
The fire started when the pub was empty, and was spotted by neighbours and people on boats who raised the alarm at 3.14pm.
The blaze was contained in the 1970s annex, used to prepare food, and did not spread to the main building, or its thatch roof.
Firefighters arrived at 3.30pm, and used compressed air foam, main jets and a light portable pump to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reports of any casualties.
The incident was declared over at 4.50pm, but crews remained on the scene damping down, and forensic officers have started to examine the cause.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
The pub was named South Norfolk Community Pub of the Year in 2011.