Update: Police investigate fire at Coldham Hall pub in Surlingham on the Norfolk Broads
Police are investigating how a fire started at a prominent Norfolk Broads pub shortly after it closed after lunch.
Eight crews of firefighters were called to the Coldham Hall pub in Surlingham after a fire broke out in its kitchen.
The fire started when the pub was empty, and was spotted by neighbours and people on boats who raised the alarm at 3.14pm.
The blaze was contained in the 1970s annex, used to prepare food, and did not spread to the main building, or its thatch roof.
Firefighters arrived at 3.30pm, and used compressed air foam, main jets and a light portable pump to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reports of any casualties.
The incident was declared over at 4.50pm, but crews remained on the scene damping down, and forensic officers have started to examine the cause.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
The pub was named South Norfolk Community Pub of the Year in 2011.