Update: Man found soaking wet and intoxicated on drifting boat in Norwich is arrested
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of the theft of a boat after finding him soaking wet and intoxicated on a boat floating adrift in central Norwich.
A cordoned-off stretch of around 30m of walkway running parallel with Riverside Road, close to the junction with Rosary Road, was being guarded by two police officers at each end this afternoon.
Police were alerted to the small blue and white yacht drifting on the River Wensum at around 12.15pm.
The boat, named Vagabond, shortly afterwards drifted to the riverbank allowing officers to board, where they found the 19-year-old man on board 'soaking wet, intoxicated and suffering from hypothermia', a spokesman said
The man was then taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital for treatment, where he remains in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
No other people were on board the yacht and police are now making inquiries into what happened. Anyone with information about the incident should call the non-emergency 101 number.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder