Update: Cromer lifeboat’s back-to-back rescues
Cromer lifeboat had back-to-back rescues on a busy Sunday afternoon and evening.
The offshore boat the Lester launched at 3.20pm to help the fishing vessel Novantae, which had reported a serious engine failure, about six miles off Cromer.
The lifeboat was on scene 15 minutes later and began towing the fishing boat to Great Yarmouth harbour.
The launch came after a busy open day morning when several hundred visitors were shown around the boat in the pier-end lifeboat station.
On its way back the boat helped the yacht Glayva.
You may also want to watch:
Two crew had been taken off earlier by Sea Palling inshore lifeboat but the two remaining crew proved to be too inexperienced to sail the vessel themselves and to get her to harbour, said a Cromer lifeboat spokesman.
The yacht was also towed to Yarmouth. The lifeboat returned to its station at 11.55pm.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price