Police hunt overtaking driver who fled scene of crash
- Credit: Google Street View
Two people were hurt in a crash when a driver had to swerve to avoid a car which was overtaking - and police are searching for the motorist who failed to stop at the scene.
The crash was on the North Walsham Road on the edge of Norwich, close to the ground of Norwich Rugby Club.
A Fiat 500 travelling towards Norwich was forced to take avoiding action, as a result of an overtaking car travelling in the opposite direction.
The Fiat then crashed into a Vauxhall Astra which was travelling behind the car which overtook, with both drivers slightly hurt in the collision.
Officers believe the car which overtook was a blue Ford Ka. The driver did not stop at the scene and Norfolk police want to track them down.
You may also want to watch:
It happened at about 9.20pm on Thursday, October 3.
Norfolk police are appealing for anybody who saw who happened, people who were in the area at the time and anyone who has dash cam footage to get in touch.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
Anyone with information should call Gareth Jones at Wymondham roads and armed policing team on 101 or email Gareth.Jones@norfolk.pnn.police.uk