Two Door Cinema Club cancel Friday Latitude headliner slot - Lily Allen steps in
Two Door Cinema Club have cancelled their headline appearance at Latitude Festival this Friday and have been replaced by Lily Allen.
The indie pop outift have had to pull out due to singer Alex Trimble being taken ill, according to a festival spokesman.
The band issued the following statement: 'It is with a heavy heart that we are going to need to cancel our upcoming shows at Latitude and Bournemouth Academy. Alex collapsed at Seattle airport on the way to London and has been hospitalised with a chronic stomach complaint. We are devastated to have to cancel shows that we were so looking forward to. We can only apologise and hope for your understanding at this time. Love TDCC x.'
Latitude organisers, Festival Republic, have confirmed Lily Allen to fill the top spot on Friday night.
Managing Director of Festival Republic, Melvin Benn, said: 'It is with deep sadness that our longstanding supporters and Friday night headliner Two Door Cinema Club have had to cancel their performance under advice of doctors. We wish Alex all the best and a speedy recovery.
You may also want to watch:
'We are honoured that Lily Allen is able to step in at the last minute and would like to thank her for filling the headline slot. After her show stopping performance at Glastonbury Lily was a natural choice, the Latitude audience are in for something really spectacular.'
Lily Allen said: 'So sorry to hear about Alex from Two Door Cinema Club. However I am more than happy to step in. I've never been to Latitude but I hear it's fabulous and I can't wait to get my heels on for some serious dancing action on Friday evening - so, so excited.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Fans at the festival in Suffolk will also have a surprise guest performance on Friday evenings, the spokesman added.
Are you going to Latitude just to see Two Door Cinema Club? Let us know in the comments below.