Top names to perform at Hoxne Music Festival
The third Hoxne Music Festival, near Eye, has a range of top-class performers lined up for the end of May.
Concert guitarist Richard Durrant will open the event on Friday, May 25, at 7.45pm at St Peter & St Paul church. His unique style includes a giant screen projection of visual digital video and lighting effects.
Stuart Jarrold, chairman of the festival committee, said: 'He is a multi-instrumentalist, celebrating music by the likes of Django Reinhardt, Claude Debussy and Los Paraguayos, and his show is light years from what you might expect a classical guitar recital to be.'
There will be a free music event on the village green on Saturday, May 26, from 2pm, with performances by the Castleton Brass Band, the Village Voices choir and the brass ensemble with children from the primary school.
Tribute band The Kings of Queen will perform in St Edmunds village hall Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
The Doric String Quartet will perform pieces by Haydn, Bartok and Beethoven at St Peter & St Paul church on Sunday, May 27, from 7.30pm. Violinist Alex Redington is a former pupil of Hartismere School, Eye.
Hoxne Parish Council and Suffolk County Council are among those who have contributed grants to keep ticket prices down.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
The Richard Durrant concert is �10 in advance (�12 on the door); Kings of Queen, �10 (�12); Doric String Quartet, �12 (�14). A weekend ticket for all three concerts is �25.
Tickets available at Hoxne Post Office and Stores in Low Street, tel 01379 668254. More information on 01379 668317 or at www.hoxne.net.