Timm Klose passed fit for Norwich City’s Championship trip to Wolves
- Credit: PA
Norwich City defender Timm Klose returns to the Canaries' squad for the Championship trip to Wolves on Saturday after being ruled out of the midweek Newcastle league defeat with a knock.
Alex Neil, however, confirmed midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering a suspected broken foot. The City chief reported no fresh injury concerns from that 4-3 loss at St James' Park when he held his pre-match press call at Colney on Friday afternoon.
'Timm has trained this morning and so far he has come through it unscathed,' said Neil. 'We are hoping there is no reaction on Saturday and he is travelling with the squad. It wasn't a case of being precautionary with him for Newcastle. He simply couldn't make it. He wasn't ready to play. It wasn't as if we thought we should save him. If he was fit and available he would have played in that game. The Newcastle game was a big one for us.
'Youssouf is worse than first feared. I would imagine he'll be out for weeks, rather than days. He has a foot injury, maybe cracked a bone in it but it doesn't need surgery. Other than that the lads who were involved during the week have come through relatively unscathed so it is bumps and bruises.'
Neil accepts it is important to deliver an emphatic response at Molineux following a stoppage time loss on Tyneside.
You may also want to watch:
'It's just a case of mentally and physically letting them rest as much as possible, and then getting them fired up for this one,' he said. 'We've got a break after this, so we need to make sure we invest all our energy and all our thoughts into this game.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns