Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford to appear on Channel 4’s Four in a Bed
- Credit: Archant
The Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford will appear on tonight's episode of the hit show, which sees hoteliers battle it out to be named the best value B&B.
The hotel, owned by Gez Chetal, will compete against three other hotels across the UK this week and on Friday's episode they will meet for payment day, where each owner pays what they think their stay was worth.
The winner of the show is the person who gets the highest percentage of their total bill.
The Thomas Paine Hotel is located on Whitehart Street in Thetford and is built from three 18th century cottages with a Victorian frontage. The hotel boasts eight 'classy. individually decorated rooms' and a brasserie restaurant.
Rooms cost between £70 for a twin room and £105 for a luxury double with bed and breakfast.
Gez, who took over the hotel in 2013, has recently renamed all his rooms after influential Americans.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's namesake Thomas Paine was a Norfolk-born political activist and revolutionary, who emigrated to America and became one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Last night, the show kicked off with The Five Bells Hotel near Dover owned by Shelley Parnell and her mum Linda Yates.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
But it seems Gez has already ruffled feathers, with Linda telling the cameraman 'He's very full of himself.'
Last November, Sugar Beat Bed & Breakfast in Swainsthorpe won the competition.
Four in a Bed is on Channel 4 at 4pm weekdays
Do you know anyone from Norfolk appearing on TV? Email firstname.lastname@example.org