Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford to appear on Channel 4’s Four in a Bed
- Credit: Archant
The Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford will appear on tonight's episode of the hit show, which sees hoteliers battle it out to be named the best value B&B.
The hotel, owned by Gez Chetal, will compete against three other hotels across the UK this week and on Friday's episode they will meet for payment day, where each owner pays what they think their stay was worth.
The winner of the show is the person who gets the highest percentage of their total bill.
The Thomas Paine Hotel is located on Whitehart Street in Thetford and is built from three 18th century cottages with a Victorian frontage. The hotel boasts eight 'classy. individually decorated rooms' and a brasserie restaurant.
Rooms cost between £70 for a twin room and £105 for a luxury double with bed and breakfast.
Gez, who took over the hotel in 2013, has recently renamed all his rooms after influential Americans.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's namesake Thomas Paine was a Norfolk-born political activist and revolutionary, who emigrated to America and became one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Last night, the show kicked off with The Five Bells Hotel near Dover owned by Shelley Parnell and her mum Linda Yates.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
But it seems Gez has already ruffled feathers, with Linda telling the cameraman 'He's very full of himself.'
Last November, Sugar Beat Bed & Breakfast in Swainsthorpe won the competition.
Four in a Bed is on Channel 4 at 4pm weekdays
Do you know anyone from Norfolk appearing on TV? Email firstname.lastname@example.org